Are Soups Healthy?
The joy and comfort of consuming a hot bowl of soup is unimaginable. The end result having aroma of different flavours all blended together totally makes it totally worth preparing. After all, the real satisfaction of food is experienced when you consume it.
The best part of preparing a soup is that it does not require an extravagant preparation. You put the least bit of effort to prepare something as wondrous as a bowl of creaminess. It is counted among the easiest food preparations. You can also adapt it to whatever ingredients you have with you at present. You can prepare it now and store it for later which makes it extremely economical as well. If you don’t feel like preparing one today, you can always opt for a soup delivery Restaurants around you will be happy to serve you, your favourite soup with any necessary customization you prefer. What we potentially are unaware of are its health benefits.
The broth or stick is known to be the key factor that provides the health benefits. The stock is prepared of meat and shimmering bones in water along with freshly cut vegetables. Many people prefer using bouillion cubes or canned broths as the soup base which contains high amount of Monosodium glutamate (MSG) and sodium which enhance the flavour, but are bad for the body’s health.
Many traditionally cuisines make sure of fish and meat stocks universally. It is important to know that the stock is the key factor that also adds flavour to the soup. The base of mouth-watering sauces and soups has very rich broths and stocks.
The reasons that make the soup good for your health are listed below:
- The minerals of the cartilage and bones get dissolved in the stock which makes it easier for you to assimilate.
- The gelatine stock contains most of the health benefits. Gelatine brings in colloids to the diet which helps in aiding the digestive processes by attracting the digestive juices. When the food is cooked, it becomes water-repelling or hydrophobic because of the heat. This causes the food to repel the digestive juices which in turn makes the food difficult to digest. When gelatine attracts these fluids, it helps in aiding digestion.
- Stocks that are rich in gelatine are used for treating intestinal and digestive disorders which include Crohn’s disease, hyper-acidity, colitis, and indigestion.
- Gelatine is effective against diabetes, muscular dystrophy, ulcers, cancer, and anaemia.
- Many research studies have shown evidences that stocks can help in preventing infectious diseases.
- The soluble elements in the collagen and cartilage are useful for treating rheumatoid arthritis and joint problems. Other than getting expensive chrondroitin or glucosamine, you can try online soup delivery at your doorstep or prepare them at home according to the dietary requirements.
Soups are definitely good for your health and benefit you in many different ways. All you have to do is take care of the ingredients while preparing it. Avoid sodium and make room for gelatine.